The biggest mistake made with achieving goals is not breaking them down into small steps. The size of the goal is not a problem, it's how you strategize to reach that goal. For example, losing weight, running a half-marathon, becoming a more patient parent, or driving cross-country, are all great goals. However, they require to be broken down into small, manageable steps in order to see any success.
Let's break down the process for taking action on our goals:
1. By focusing on 3 small steps each week to work towards your goal, you will begin to see massive momentum. Be sure to keep the 3 small steps manageable with your schedule and season of life. You want to set yourself up for success instead of having an all or nothing mindset.
2. Once you have determined your weekly small steps, write them down. Keeping a record will help hold you accountable for getting those small steps done. Our monthly goal sheet attached below, will certainly help you keep track. Be sure to record your progress each week.
3. Another important factor for achieving goals is to plan and implement rewards for each step achieved. Let's face it - we all need some external motivating reward to help us overcome obstacles and challenges. With weekly steps accomplished, give yourself a small reward. If you achieve all your weekly steps for the entire month, then definitely give yourself a bigger reward.
4. At the end of every month, look at your monthly goal sheet and do a recap and reset. Recap by reviewing your progress on the small steps and reflect on what worked and what didn't work. Then, reset by making any necessary adjustments for next month. Remember small steps add up quickly!
1. Print out the monthly goal sheet (click on image below)
2. Determine your goal and then break down that goal into 3 small steps for each week.
3. Record your weekly action steps and your results on the monthly goal sheet.
4. Set your weekly and monthly rewards for achieving your small steps.
5. Recap and Reset for the next Month
PIN THIS POST ⬇⬇⬇⬇⬇